Alzheimer’s In-Service Monthly
SeniorLivingU is pleased to be able to provide free Alzheimer’s resources, courtesy of Novartis Pharmaceuticals. The Alzheimer’s In-Service Monthly issues are available for download by clicking on the links below.
In addition to two articles on the main topic, all issues of the Alzheimer’s In-Service Monthly contain the following sections: Caregiver Tips, Keep in Mind, Resources, Trainer’s Corner, and a quiz.
The following PDFs can be opened using Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download the free program here.
- Issue 1What is Normal Aging? The Importance of Early Diagnosis
- Issue 2Strengths and Losses in Alzheimer’s Disease: Emphasize the Positive
- Issue 3Typical Strengths and Losses in Moderate Dementia
- Issue 4What is the Person with Dementia Trying to Express?
- Issue 5How Can Caregivers Communicate Effectively with the Person who has Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Issue 6Communicating When Someone has Alzheimer’s Disease: Beyond the Basics
- Issue 7Why is He Doing That? There’s a Logical Reason
- Issue 8Why is He Doing That? Look at the Situation
- Issue 9There’s No Place Like Home: Environment Affects Behavior
- Issue 10Many Pains, Many Pills
- Issue 11The Long Road to Cause, Cure, and Prevention
- Issue 12Dementia, Depression, and Pain are Intertwined
- Issue 13To Know Her is to Treat Her Better
- Issue 14Adding Lightness to ADLs
- Issue 15Families Are Confronting Loss
- Issue 16Families Need Ideas