When it comes to educating your staff, you want the absolute best for them so they can offer superior care and service to your residents. But have you ever considered the platform and technique in which those education resources are provided?
Books, LMS, lectures, eLearnings — all of these words are associated with education. Book and lectures have been with us for centuries, while the other LMS and eLearnings are the way of the future. LMS, Learning Management System, according to Wikipedia, is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, and delivery of educational courses, training programs, or learning and development programs. eLearnings are courses that are offered online.
Unlock the Power of eLearning
How can eLearning courses make a difference in the delivery of educational courses, annual training or onboarding training for your staff? Here are a few simple and maybe surprising facts about eLearning.
- eLearnings can be accessed 24/7. No longer is training limited to staff availability.
- eLearnings can be accessed through devices such as PCs, laptops, tablets, and even your mobile phone.
- Staff can take the courses at their own pace, an unlimited number of times.
- Courses can be assigned to begin as determined by management to fulfill either annual state-required training or for new staff, onboarding training.
- Additional subject specific eLearnings can be made available for staff that needs additional training for their resident assignment. For example, SLU offers a vast array of courses designed for staff working with Alzheimer’s and dementia residents.
- Resources such as teachers, manuals, or exams are no longer a budget item. You will know exactly the budget amount for yearly training through eLearnings.
- Reports can be immediately accessed should the need arise, such as an inspection from the state. These reports can provide documentation as to the completion of assigned courses as required.
- There is less time spent by management in finding experts to teach a class. Experts have developed the eLearnings. In addition, there is no need to book a hotel or pay for transportation for a lecturer.
- We have courses designed for nurses that might need a refresher course in one of our 13 clinical considerations which, by the way, are approved for .75 CEUs by NAB.
Getting Started with eLearnings
Watch this informative video to begin using eLearnings in your facility!
We encourage you to contact the staff of SeniorLivingU if you think that an eLearning program might be the right solution for your staff training. SLU is able to offer suggestions and ask the questions to assist you in making an informed decision on training.